Image: Princeton University Logo
EHS Banner collage (safety manual, men wearing hardhats) EHS Banner collage (radiation symbol, two scientists) EHS Banner collage (biohazard symbol, geiger counter)
Home | Workplace Safety | Laboratory Safety | Radiation Safety | Biological Safety | Emergencies
Chemical Waste Disposal


Laboratory and Liquid-Containing Equipment

Most specialized or scientific equipment must be turned over to Central Surplus when no longer useful to the owners. In most cases, equipment that

  • contains liquids ,
  • contains known hazardous materials, or
  • may be contaminated with chemical, biological or radioactive material

must be inspected by EHS before transferring to Central Surplus. These materials may need decontamination or may need the hazardous materials to be removed and disposed before transfer.

Questions regarding the Central Surplus program may be directed to the Building Services Surplus Program Coordinator, Daron Groce, at For questions about hazardous materials and disposal, contact Kyle Angjelo at 609-258-7882 or Steve Elwood at 609-258-6271.


For a disclaimer and information regarding the use of this page, see the disclaimer notice.
Web page comments:

Link: EHS Homepage Princeton University Home Page